Dance Marathon the Marathon
What is Dance Marathon the Marathon?
Dance Marathon the Marathon (DMM) is a marathon training group with the sole purpose of completing the Bank of America Chicago Marathon while raising money, awareness, and promoting the ideals of Dance Marathon. Runners who complete the training program and raise their funds will also have complete access to the Big Event in the 2013.
This group aims to create new friendships, build links between students and faculty, community, and alumni, raise awareness for the largest philanthropy at the University of Iowa, and raise significant funds for Dance Marathon. It is commonly said that there is no greater challenge to the human mind and body than running a marathon and this race remains the ultimate symbol of achievement.
DMM Recruitment - Marathon Opportunity:
- Open Registration will start on Tuesday, February 19 at 12 p.m.(CST). In past years, registration has closed within about 3-5 days so make sure you sign up ASAP right on February 19th! Anyone can join so tell your friends and family.
- When registering, select The University of Iowa Dance Marathon in the drop down menu of the run for a charity section of the registration page
- The registration fee is $175
- All runners who are part of this program are required to sign up for Dance Marathon 2013 and raise a required $400 by race day Sunday October 13th.
- DMM will have 25 post close spots. These are given on a first come, first serve basis. This is after normal registration if Runners did not get a chance to register after normal registration has closed. You must raise the first $200 of your $400 by June 1st in order to obtain a spot.
- All Runners must register on dancemarathon.org on April 1st as a Runner
- If Runners want to attend the Big Event in February, they must raise another $400 making their overall total goal of $800. They then will be required to register as a Runner/Dancer April 1st.
- All runners who run with our organization will receive training tips, a really cool jersey, and be invited to running events and Dance Marathon related events.
- Once signed up for the Dance Marathon Charity and complete the registration you will receive a confirmation email.
- For more information go to chicagomarathon.com.
If you have any questions about Dance Marathon the Marathon, please email Steve Stefanik at email@example.com
Fundraising for DMM Runners
To assist you in raising your money, here is a letter to send out and tell people about Dance Marathon the Marathon and its great cause!